7 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Me
It's January of 2009 now, and I've been tagged by Pam Thompson
to reveal 7 things you (probably) didn't know about me. What a lovely
little challenge! Everyone loves talking about themselves (don't they?)
1. I am an ENFJ on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. (This means I'm very inspiring, but if you need something practical done for you and I'm around, well you're bang
out of luck!)
2. My life is a string of obsessions to learn new skills! I've spent two years now stubbornly learning Korean. I'm getting somewhere, very slowly.
3. I have a YouTube channel where,
like every other bozo, put really amateur musical performances up!
However, I've had a couple of popular videos. This one has over 30,000 views, although it gets poor ratings! This one is popular too. Oh, and now I've written a silly song about Web 2.0 possibilities and education.
4. I have a rare neurological disorder called Charcot-Marie-Toothe disease.
I have to concentrate hard to walk around, and especially go up and
down stairs. People don't necessarily notice, or just think I have a
limp. Several students have sincerely asked me if I have a wooden leg.
I certainly don't, I just come across rather uncoordinated.
5. I'm constantly reading Science Fiction & playing cooperative computer games like a 15 year old geek, & I see at least one film a week at the cinema, often by myself.
6. In person I come across as endlessly cheerful and extroverted, but I am actually quite melancholy, and need heaps of time by myself.
7. I am bizarrely obsessed by the
U.K. comedian Ricky Gervais, creator of The Office. My wife chastises
me for beginning to act more like him every day. Apart from The Office,
Extras, and heaps of other stuff, he's recorded well over 100 hours of
radio shows with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. I listen to
these endlessly while bike riding, washing up, or in the car.